Vintage TR Sounds and Modern Performance in a Streamlined Package
Powered by Roland’s proprietary Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, the Roland TR-6S delivers the entire coterie of classic TR drum machines — including the 606, 707, 808, and 909 — in a streamlined unit. However, the TR-6S is so much more, arming users with the ability to upload their own samples and construct custom kits alongside the iconic kicks, claps, snares, and hats from the TR series — a feature that impressed synthesists. Moreover, the TR-6S boasts a massive effects section, with numerous filter effects, dynamics processors, reverbs, delays, modulation effects, and a host of audio distorters, crushers, and manglers. With access to loads of sounds, modern and vintage, and limitless ways to manipulate them, the Roland TR-6S is the new-school drum machine with an old-school flair that you’ve been looking for!
Crafting your own signature sound in the modern musical landscape calls for layering individual elements, and the TR-6S Rhythm Performer is ready with support for WAV and AIFF samples. Packing every single sound from Roland’s entire range of TR drum machines, plus the ability to use your own samples, the TR-6S Rhythm Performer offers massive creative potential. Thanks to Roland’s Analog Circuit Behavior technology, the TR-6S drum machine not only delivers all the authentic TR series sounds you know, but it also gives you a level of control and flexibility never before possible.
Old-school sequencing for the 21st century
Modern step sequencing would never have come about if it weren’t for the original TR-808 drum machine, and the TR-6S’s bank of 16 backlit, per-step pads instantly conjure up images of this beloved analog classic. In addition to the old-school TR-REC recording method that set the stage for many drum machines to follow, the TR-6S includes intuitive hands-on controls for programming each step with its parameter settings. Choose pattern sizes up to 32 steps long, with A and B parts and simple chaining to create longer progressions. What’s more, thanks to its flexible architecture, you can seamlessly switch back and forth between performing and sequencing to create and tweak your grooves on the fly.
Cutting-edge Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology
Roland’s Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology captures the essence of their legacy synths, emulating every step in those units’ signal paths, down to the individual circuit board components. The Roland TR-6S leverages that technology to deliver a spot-on re-creation of the sound of the original TR drum machines. In fact, many synthesists were unable to determine which were which in side-to-side comparisons. And unlike the original TR drum machines, the TR-6S is consistent across units, so you’re guaranteed to get the highest-quality tones possible for building epic patterns and sequences!
Roland TR-6S Rhythm Performer Features:
- Equipped with the largest, most authentic collection of TR drum machine sounds available
- ACB technology provides component-to-component modeling for unrivaled authenticity
- Supports WAV and AIFF samples via SD card slot for layering your own creations with classic TR sounds
- Contains 86 ACB tones and 300 factory samples
- Step sequencer controls 6 instrument parts
- Each pattern offers 2 fill types and 8 pattern variations for big performance potential
- Built-in audio interface allows you to multitrack directly to your DAW
- Enter steps manually or record your drums in real time to create grooves on the fly
- Original TR-REC behavior provides an authentic TR series programming experience
- 16 backlit per-step pads make pattern creation easy (supports up to 32-step patterns)
- Dedicated Tempo controls and TR-909 Shuffle control lets you create beats that pulse and groove naturally
- Solid MIDI clock sync provides tight timing with external gear
- Power over USB or via 4 AAA batteries for ultimate flexibility