SOUNDSound is the most important aspect of any instrument. The power of the MODX synthesis engine allows unlimited potential to create your own unique sound demanded by any artist. The MODX sound engine is based on the same technology powering the flagship MONTAGE: AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) sample and synthesis engine and a pure FM-X (Frequency Modulation) synthesizer modernized for amazing sound playback and complex sound design.
AWM2Only found in Yamaha music synthesizers, the AWM2 engine offers much more than just sample playback. Each of the 16 AWM2 parts feature eight fully-programmable synthesizers with a filter (18 different types!,) amplitude, pitch and filter envelope generators, nine LFOs, 3-band EQ and a dedicated dual insert effect with Virtual Circuitry Modeling.
FM-XFM-X is an amazingly sophisticated pure synthesizer engine capable of producing classic ‘80s or cutting-edge, EDM sound with incredible dynamic range, power and fidelity. MODX features an 8-operator FM architecture and 64-note polyphony, allowing for a massive array of sound design options.
192-NOTE TOTAL POLYPHONYMODX features 128-note stereo AWM2 polyphony and 64-notes of FM-X polyphony. Due to the unique architecture of MODX and MONTAGE, this polyphony is always available without latency or compromising other features.
SSS (Seamless Sound Switching)Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) lets you change performances seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects. This is perfect for live performances where you end one song and start another without stopping.
EFFECTSFrom high definition reverbs to incredibly detailed Virtual Circuit Modeling (VCM) effects, MODX is loaded with DSP innovation, power and, most importantly, sound quality. Use effects like Beat Repeat, Vinyl Break or Bit Crusher to get EDM sound. The Spiralizer effect creates the auditory illusion of a tone continually rising or falling in pitch without getting higher or lower. You can even add a compressor with sidechain for a modern “ducking” effect. Or go retro with vintage effects like Analog Delay, VCM Phaser or a variety of Amp Simulators. Piano players will appreciate piano-focused effects like Damper Resonance for a super-realistic piano experience and the HD reverbs that let you put yourself in any performance space.
A/D INPUTCoupled with two A/D inputs, MODX is a perfect centerpiece for any professional recording studio or live computer rig.
SIDECHAINAutomatically control the dynamic behavior of one part from another. Sidechain is very popular in modern dance music where a pad or other sustain part is “keyed” to the kick drum. When the kick drum plays, it ducks down the sustained part creating a “pumping” rhythmic effect.
MULTI-CHANNEL USB AUDIO INTERFACEAs expected for modern computer-based music production, MODX features a professional 4-in/10-out, multi-channel USB audio interface. A single-cable connection replaces the need for an external audio interface. iOS compatible.
CONTROLEvery artist wants to sound unique. Take control and stand out from the crowd. Bring the sophistication of music production automation to realtime live performance with Motion Control.
SUPER KNOBThe Super Knob allows simultaneous control of up to 128 parameters in a single Performance. This means you can control nearly anything from mix functions like volume, pan and effect sends to detailed synth parameters like filters, LFOs and Operators. That’ s 128 parameters…SIMULTANEOUSLY! The Super Knob can even be assigned to a second FC7 foot controller making it easy to manipulate the sound when playing with both hands.
MOTION SEQUENCESMotion Sequences are tempo-synchronized, completely customizable control sequences that can be assigned to virtually any synthesizer parameter and provide incredible new ways of creating sound. Motion Sequences also have dedicated controls on the front panel making it easy to manipulate and change in real-time, providing incredible interactivity and expression.
- Number of Keys: 61
- Type: Semi-weighted Keyboard
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Aftertouch: No
- Tone Generator: Motion Control Synthesis Engine AMW2: 8 Elements FM-X: 8 Operators, 88 Algorithms
- Maximum Polyphony: AWM2: 128 (max.; stereo/mono waveforms) FM-X: 64 (max.)
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 Parts (internal), Audio Input Parts (A/D*, USB*) *stereo Part
- Wave: Preset: 5.67 GB (when converted to 16 bit linear format), User: 1.00 GB
- Performance: Approx. 2,000
- Filter: 18 types
- Effects: Reverb x 12 types, Variation x 76 types, Insertion (A, B) x 76 types*, Master Effect x 15 types *A/D part insertion x 71 types (Preset settings for parameters of each effect type are provided as templates) Master EQ (5 bands), 1st part EQ (3 bands), 2nd part EQ (2 bands)
- Controllers: Master Volume, AD Input Gain knob, USB Volume, Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Control Sliders x 4, Knobs x 4, Super Knob, Data dial
- Display: 7" TFT Color Wide VGA LCD touch screen
- Connectors: [USB TO DEVICE], [USB TO HOST], MIDI [IN]/[OUT], FOOT CONTROLLER /, FOOT SWITCH [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks), [PHONES] (6.3 mm, standard stereo phone jack), A/D INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks)
- Power Consumption: 16 W (when using PA-150B AC adaptor)
- Live Sets: Preset: 256 and more, User: 2,048
- Tracks: 16 Sequence tracks, Tempo track, Scene track
- Recording type: Real time replace, Real time overdub, Real time punch in/out
- Note Capacity: Approx. 130,000 notes
- Note Resolution: 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
- Songs: 128 songs
- Arpeggio: Parts: 8 Parts simultaneous (max.), Preset: 10,239 types User: 256 types
- Sequence formats: MODX original format, SMF formats 0, 1
✪ 100% Secure shopping
✪ Genuiune Product
✪ 1 Year Warranty
✪ EMI Option
✪ Despatch in 7 days