Responsive new pad design. MPD218 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller designed for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs. Its blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with USB connectivity brings the feel of classic beat making into computer music production.
Experience the Difference The first improvement agreed upon over the development cycle were the Thick Fat MPC pads, a new design that creates an unprecedented user experience. The MPD218 also has an expanded control set of six knobs in three banks. This enables you increased control over your sounds and effects. MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need for drivers. The USB connection powers the MPD218 so the included USB cable is all you need. Along with the improved functionality, the MPD218 features iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and included free software. Titles include: Akai Professional MPC Essentials, Big Bang Drums and Big Bang Cinema from Sonivox, Ableton Live Lite, and Software Preset Editor. Many years of research and customer feedback have led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers Akai Professional has developed. It is this constant contact with the user base that makes them such an enduring brand. These MPDs are the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.
- 16 backlit MPC pads
- 48 assignable pads accessible via 3 banks
- 18 assignable 360-degree potentiometers accessible via 3 banks
- MPC Note Repeat and Full Level
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- 16 configurable presets
- USB powered, no AC adapter required
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Professional MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums