Focusrite Scarlett 18i20:The Heart of Your Project Studio
The third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 delivers a ton of firepower in an affordable package. Two vibrant Focusrite mic/instrument preamps are right on the front panel where you need them, while the back panel hosts a slew of extra I/O — up to 18-in/20-out simultaneously! Around back, you'll find six additional XLR combo inputs plus eight channels of ADAT I/O, S/PDIF and MIDI I/O, and word clock out.
Focusrite made sure the Scarlett 18i20 has the features you need. Equipped with an onboard talkback to communicate with talent, 8-channel LED bar-graph meters, dual headphone outputs with independent level controls, and speaker switching for dual-monitor setups, the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 is a solid foundation for serious project studios that may need to expand in the future. Plug in, fire up the bundled software, and you're ready to rock.
The third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 advances the state-of-the-art in USB audio interfaces with two upgraded Scarlett mic preamps, high-performance 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA converters, optimized preamp gain structure, vanishingly low latency, instrument inputs that handle scorching hot pickups, and speaker switching technology for dual-monitor setups. The mic preamps now feature Focusrite’s acclaimed Air mode that provides the coveted Air effect that models the company's legendary ISA console transformer to give your voice and instrument recordings a brighter, more open sound. The Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 is the perfect foundation for a serious home or mobile studio. Fire up the included software and start producing great-sounding music today.
Optimized third-generation technology
The 3rd-generation Focusrite Scarlett 18i20's exterior has undergone a sleek makeover. Under the hood, though, Scarlett 18i20 has been tweaked and upgraded to deliver better sonics, lower latency, and enhanced ease of use. With sample rates up to 192kHz, you've got studio-grade sound you can take anywhere. Focusrite has added their renowned Air circuit to their already-amazing Scarlett mic preamps. The instrument inputs have also been re-engineered to handle the hottest active pickups. Lastly, Focusrite has wired analog protection circuitry across the Scarlett 18i20's inputs and outputs, safeguarding your interface from damaging power surges.
Award-winning Focusrite preamps with Air
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 is equipped with two vibrant and pristine Focusrite preamps. For over 25 years, Focusrite's award-winning pres have proven their mettle in pro studios around the world. Focusrite ports their considerable design savvy into the transparent, low-noise, low-distortion preamps in the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. This is the same technology found in Focusrite's flagship products, giving you gobs of available headroom to accommodate your dynamic, condenser and ribbon mics on any source, no matter how boisterous. Of course, you also get phantom power for your mics that require it. Add to that Focusrite's switchable Air mode, and you've got the sound that launched a thousand hits.
Exclusive software bundle gets you up and running fast
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 ships with a killer software bundle headlined by Ableton Live Lite and the Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack. You also get Softube's Time and Tone Bundle, the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite, and access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective, which offers free software downloads and generous discounts. Focusrite has included everything you need to get up and running fast. Note: Pro Tools First is not compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina and it does not support 3rd party plug-ins.
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB Audio Interface Features:
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
- High-performance 24-bit/192kHz converters
- 8 upgraded 3rd-generation Scarlett mic preamps
- Switchable Air mode gives your recordings a brighter, more open sound
- 2 high-headroom instrument inputs for bass, guitar, or synths
- 8 balanced mic/line inputs, total of 10 balanced line outputs
- 4 monitor outputs with anti-thump technology and speaker switching for dual-monitor setups
- 2 x ADAT optical I/O, S/PDIF I/O, MIDI I/O, word clock out
- Front-panel 8-channel, 5-segment LED bar-graph meters
- Super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time
- Direct Monitor circuit for monitoring your input with guaranteed low-latency
- Virtual loopback makes podcasting, live streaming, and sampling easy
- Onboard talkback functionality with built-in front-panel talkback mic
- Dual headphone outputs with independent level controls
- Internal power supply (IEC mains cable included)
- Quick Start tool gets you up and running fast
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription
- Included software bundle
- Membership in Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- 2-year warranty