The 6" KRK RP6 Rokit 6 Generation 3 studio monitor is the happy middle child of the KRK Rokit family -- an excellent 2-way powered speaker from a company with a long-standing reputation for audio design and innovation. The RP6 G3 pushes 73 watts through a 6-inch woofer and a 1-inch soft dome tweeter. The monitor has a frequency response of 38 Hz - 30 kHz and an impressive Max Peak SPL of 107 dB. KRK Rokit 6 RP6 G3 Powered Studio Monitor with XLR Cable.
The Coolest-Looking Speakers on the Market Also Sound Fantastic
The 6-inch woofer in the RP6 G3 is an Aramid glass composite woofer with KRK's trademark yellow covering. It handles 48 watts of the total output. The 1-inch woofer is of a soft dome design and channels the other 25 watts.
The rear of the RP6 G3 has a 1/4-inch balanced TRS input, and a balanced XLR. There is also an unbalanced RCA input.
Tweak The Speakers To Wherever You Go
There are separate High Frequency and Low Frequency level adjustment knobs on the rear of the speaker also, which allow you to pad each the drivers with an additional +/- 2dB. This is especially useful for making fine-tune adjustments to your sound based on the characteristics of the room where you have the plugged in. A System Volume knob allows you to pad the master signal up an additional +6 dB or drop -30 dB as needed.
Throughtful and Solid Construction
The Rokit Generation 3 speakers are made from medium-density fiberboard material covered in black vinyl wrap. They are crafted from a custom composite that ensures a strong forward throw with no cabinet sound coloring the mix. They are also durable and will transport easily if you need to move your listening station from place to place.
What Makes Rokits the Home Studio Standard?
Overall, the Rokit Generation 3 powered speakers were designed to provide peerless clarity on midrange and vocal while delivering substantially extended bass response. The class A/B amplifier is a totally proprietary design. No less unique is the waveguide design, which ensures detailed sound imaging. The front-firing bass port was designed to reduce boundary coupling so that positioning the monitors in unpredictable rooms would be achievable with far less diffraction distortion. A factory-installed foam pad keeps the speaker and the resting surface isolated from one another, to eliminate cross-resonance that muddies the sound.
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- Proprietary waveguide optimized for superior imaging
- 1” Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- Front Firing Port — Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- Low-resonance enclosure for minimized distortion and colorization
- Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, ¼”, RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface
- Peak SPL : 107dB
- Frequency Response 38Hz - 35kHz (+/- 1.5 dB)
- Configuration: 2-Way
- System type: Active Studio Monitor
- Low-Frequency: 6" Aramid Glass Composite woofer
- Mid-Frequency: N/A
- High-Frequency: 1" soft dome tweeter
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 35kHz
- Max Peak SPL: 107 dB
- Amplifier Class: Class A-B
- Power Output: 73W
- High Frequency: 25W
- Mid-Frequency: N/A
- Low Frequency: 48W
- Input Impedance (Ohms): 10 K Ohm balanced
- HF Level Adjust: -2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB
- System Volume: (-30dB - +6dB)
- Indicators: Power
- Input Connectors: Unbalanced RCA, Balanced 1/4" TRS, Balanced XLR
- Enclosure Construction: MDF
- Finish: Black vinyl wrap
- Port Configuration: Front firing slot port
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 11.4" (290mm) x 8.9" (226mm) x 13.1" (332mm)