The Novation 49 SL MKIII workstation connects your whole studio seamlessly, leaving you to focus on the creative side of making music. Jumping from one piece of hardware to another no longer has to be a hassle. The SL MKIII carries out all the heavy lifting, integrating hardware, CV synths and DAW.
Take complete control over all your synths, direct from the SL MKIII's eight-track polyphonic sequencer. This will keep your music in perfect synchronicity over 32 savable sessions. Get creative with a choice of 22 scales, eight patterns per track and eight automated events per step, so your beats never get stale.
Free up your hands and let loose on the LED feedback semi-weighted keyboard, 16 RGB backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads, pitch bend and modulation wheels. Complete with aftertouch and an exceptionally high 10kHz, allowing for precise and dynamic keyboard performances.
Oversee your whole project on the five clear LCD screens controlled over eight dials. Use the SL MKIII as the ultimate controller from 16 assignable buttons, which you can dedicate to a further 16 presets displayed on a second interface page. Get the same huge 32 assignable range out the drum pads so you never have to recall settings - it's all right in front of you.
This is where the SL MKIII comes into its own. Work with all major music audio workstations using intuitive Novation InControl software. It even comes with a copy of Ableton Live Lite, 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and sample, and XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments to get you started.
Hardware connections include a MIDI in and two outs, footswitch, expression and sustain pedal jacks for complete keyboard performance control. Two lots of CV, gate and modulation inputs makes the SL MKIII perfect for a home studio setup.
Novation Sound Collective
Get free or discounted software exclusive to registered Novation users! The Sound Collective offer changes frequently, so make sure you check back to make the most of the free software and plugins that you'll get
Each of the eight parts now have individual, independent arpeggiators, for building complex polyrhythmic patterns.
The new arpeggiator probability feature brings an element of randomness to each arpeggiator, turning SL MkIII into a generative and constantly evolving instrument.
The probability of a programmed step can be altered, bringing creative irregularity and extending the musical palette of the SL MkIII.
Sequencer transpose (with pads)
The SL MkIII’s pads can now be used to make sequencer transposition a powerful performance tool.
Pattern octave transpose
Allows patterns to be transposed across the octave range, to find the perfect pitch and experiment with ideas.
Toggle swing per-part
With swing on or off per part, it’s possible to build contrasting layers of groove for more complex rhythmic results.
Now it's possible to quickly offset the start and end points of a pattern together to explore variations and manage sequences.
Pitch bend to CV
The pitch-bend wheel can now be mapped to the CV output, opening up more expression possibilities for modular synth users and other external hardware control applications.
Rear Panel & Connectors
- 49 note velocity sensitive, individually sprung, synth style, semi-weighted keyboard
- 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 2 Page and 2 scene launch buttons
- 8 continuous rotary knobs
- 8 sliders
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- RGB backlit pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 2 Track buttons
- 5x RGB TFT LCD screens
- 59 Backlit buttons with tact switches
- 61 RGB LEDs plus 49 or 61 keybed RGB LEDs
- 16 Assignable buttons x 2 pages (32 assignable buttons)
- Assignable grid x 2 pages | (32 assignable pads)
- Backlit RGB Mode switching buttons including InControl
- Power switch
- DC power socket
- USB socket
- MIDI IN, OUT, OUT2 / THRU - 3x 5-pin DIN sockets
- Sustain and Expression pedal 1/4" TRS jack inputs
- Footswitch pedal 1/4" TS jack input
- CV, Gate, Modulation -1- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- CV, Gate, Modulation -2- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- Clock out
- Kensington security slot
Real Time Performance
- 32 Sessions
- 8 Tracks per session (2 Synth and 4 Drum)
- 8 Patterns per track (Synth 1, Synth 2, Drum 1&2, Drum 3&4)
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 8 events per step
- All assignable controls can be automated (8 maximum automation lanes)
- Internal tempo range 40 - 240
- External synced tempo range 30 - 300
- Swing 20 - 80%
- 22 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Pattern expand view - flip the grid
- Pattern start and end, direction incl. random
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- Ableton Live Lite included
- Maximum power consumption 9V DC 1000mA
- Power supply included (This product cannot be powered from USB)