These nearfield monitors feature robust Kevlar woofers that offer excellent low-frequency reproduction with next to no distortion and silk-dome tweeters that deliver smooth and balanced highs. The result: sound you can trust, which means the mixes you create will translate better from one stereo to another. That's something you won't get out of multimedia speakers, which are designed to make music sound better, not to reproduce audio accurately.
Onboard acoustic tuning controls let you contour your sound for your spaceIf you've read the Studio Monitors Buying Guide, then you already know about the problems that go with putting your monitors too close to walls. That's when extreme low frequencies cause your walls to vibrate and act like big speaker cones, filling the air with false harmonics and ruining your ability to mix with accuracy. But sometimes the shape and size of your room leave you with no alternative but to place your monitors close to a wall. That's where the Eris E3.5's acoustic tuning controls come in handy. By cutting your Eris E3.5's bass by up to 6dB, you can compensate for this phenomenon, without jeopardizing your sound.
PreSonus Eris E3.5 Features:
- An outstanding way to upgrade your monitoring so that your mixes translate
- 5" Kevlar woofers deliver solid low-end sound with minimal bass distortion
- 1" ultra-low-mass silk-dome tweeters eliminate harshness and provide balanced high-frequency sound
- 50-watt Class AB amplification (25 Watts per speaker) provides plenty of volume and headroom for nearfield monitoring
- RCA and balanced 1/4" inputs provide all the connections you may need
- Aux input for connecting your smartphone or media player
- Headphone output for private listening
- Acoustic tuning controls let you contour your sound to best meet your mixing environment