Rode Pin Mic Long 3.5mm Lapel Dynamic Microphone Overview:
The RØDE PinMic is a discreet lavalier/lapel microphone with an innovative pin-through design that is not only easier to conceal than a traditional lapel microphone, but provides greater mounting versatility.
Comprised of a cabled backplate and a removable omni-directional capsule head, the PinMic is easily mounted onto any clothing or fabric by simply pushing the backplate pins through the back of the fabric and sliding the capsule into place on the front. The microphone backplate and cable are hidden behind the fabric, and the capsule head can be easily disguised, covered or decorated to further conceal the microphone.
The PinMic capsule is discrete at only 9mm deep and 11mm in diameter, and is supplied with both a black and an unpainted silver mesh head that can be further camouflaged by painting.
This microphone is a longer version for mounting on thicker fabrics (up to 3.5mm/0.14" thick).
The microphone capsule is connected via a 1.2m (4') shielded, detachable Kevlar reinforced cable that has been rigorously strain tested to ensure reliable performance.
The included mini-furry for high wind protection ensures quality recordings in adverse environments, while the anti-trauma water resistant case provides rugged and secure protection for the microphone, a spare capsule head, the microphone cable and included accessories.
The PinMic is an ideal solution for film, television, video, theatre, house of worship and anywhere where a high quality microphone needs to be heard but not seen.
Knowing that versatility is paramount in any product, RØDE has developed the MiCon connector system which provides seamless integration between the PinMic and a wide range of wireless systems as well as consoles, cameras and portable recorders.
The RØDE PinMic lapel microphone is designed and made in Australia.
- Acoustic Principle: Permanently Polarized
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.10"
- Polar Pattern:
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 60Hz - 18kHz
- Output Impedance: 3000?
- Maximum SPL: 110dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 189.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)
- Sensitivity: -33.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (21.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 25dBA
- Power Options: +48V phantom power
- Weight: 10.00g
- Dimensions: 16.00mmH x 22.00mmW x 33.00mmD
- Output: MiCon Output - requires MiCon adapter (sold separately)
- In the Box:
- PinMic (3.5mm pins), CLIP1, Unpainted Mesh Head, Anti-Trauma Case, Tool Kit, DeadMouse-Pin