The RØDE VideoMic is a professional grade 1/2" condenser shotgun microphone designed for use with consumer video cameras and personal audio recorders.
The integrated shock mounting system isolates the VideoMic capsule and electronics from its all-metal shoe mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8" thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand. (note that cameras with proprietary sized mounts require an additional adaptor.)
Its super cardioid polar pattern is highly directional, focusing on the subject in front of the camera, and minimising any surrounding sounds. In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
- Acoustic Principle Line Gradient
- Active Electronics JFET impedance converter
- Capsule 0.50"
- Polar Pattern Supercardioid
- Address Type End
- Frequency Range 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance 200?
- Maximum SPL 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)
- Sensitivity -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) 20dB-A
- Power Options 9V Battery
- Weight 176.00gm
- Dimensions 65.00mmH x 102.00mmW x 250.00mmD
- Output Minijack Output