V-Drums Redefined: Ultimate Expression for Pro Performance and Studio Work
As an ambitious pro drummer, you know that anything less than the ultimate sound and feel will hold you back. Introducing the Roland TD-50KVX, the flagship in our acclaimed V-Drums range, created for top-flight live performance, intense practice sessions, and eclectic studio work. Built on the foundation of the new TD-50 module with Prismatic Sound Modeling, this electronic kit provides Roland’s most impressive and wide-ranging sounds yet. The advanced processor is complemented by newly developed snare and ride pads, which feature multi-element sensor systems and high-speed digital communication with the module. The kit also includes top-line tom, crash, and hi-hat pads, and the module provides deep editing features and flexible connectivity to put you in charge. The KD-220 Bass Drum features a 22-inch wooden shell, which provides acoustic feel and big stage presence. Offering supreme playability and unmatched expression, the TD-50KVX delivers the most impactful live V-Drums experience to date.
- Flagship electronic kit with ultimate expression
- TD-50 module with Prismatic Sound Modeling and all-new onboard sounds
- Newly developed 14-inch PD-140DS digital snare with a high-resolution multi-sensor system for unparalleled dynamics and accurate positional detection
- New 18-inch CY-18DR digital ride provides accurate positional sensing and improved dynamics using an innovative multi-sensor system
- Additional cymbal pads include VH-13 V-Hi-Hat, CY-14C crash, and CY-15R crash/ride
- One PD-108-BC rack tom pad and two PD-128-BC floor tom pads
- KD-220 Bass Drum featuring a 22-inch acoustic shell for acoustic feel and visual presence
- Play your own WAV samples via an SD card
- USB 10-channel audio out for multi-track recording through a single USB cable
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outs provide balanced connections to a PA
- Metronome with Quiet Count plus audio recording/playback functions for practice
- Large MDS-50KV drum stand
Customize Your Sound for Live Sessions and Studio Work
A variety of musical scenarios are no problem with the TD-50, which offers a choice of onboard kits to suit every session. This advanced module also supports deep sound customization, including basic adjustment of heads and shells, layering of internal and user samples, and adjustment of overhead mics and ambience. For tailored performance, a compressor and three-band EQ can be controlled for each pad individually, while three independent multi-effect sections let you treat specific drums with 30 effect types such as delay, flanger, saturator, and many others. The two-band multi-compressor and four-band equalizer on the output let you change the overall dynamics and tonal balance, depending on whether you’re in the studio or on stage. And with the new Snapshot feature, you can quickly assess and compare any edits to your sounds before making permanent changes.
Practice Features to Develop Your Technique
The TD-50KVX is the choice for serious drummers, but there’s always room for improvement. This new kit doesn’t just let your drum technique shine; it actively improves it too, offering onboard features that help you get the best from practice sessions. Whether you lock down your timing with the Quiet Count function or play along to backing tracks via the SD card slot, it’s easy to get inspired, even when you’re practicing alone.
V-Drums 20th Anniversary Page: A Behind-The-Scenes Look at V-Drums Development
In 1997, Roland revolutionized the drumming world with the introduction of the TD-10K: the original V-Drums kit. Over the last 20 years, we've continued to develop technology that enables drummers to fulfil their creative potential. V-Drums are played by top artists on the biggest stages, and the current lineup offers a full range of solutions, from beginners to professional. Visit the V-Drums 20th anniversary page to learn how V-Drums have evolved over the years, including many internal development details never before revealed to the public.
- Drum sound module: TD-50 x 1
- V-Pad DIGITAL Snare: PD-140DS x 1
- V-Pad (Tom 1): PD-108-BC x 1
- V-Pad (Tom 3, Tom 4): PD-128-BC x 2
- V-Hi-Hat: VH-13 x 1
- V-Cymbal Crash: CY-14C x 1
- V-Cymbal Ride (Crash): CY-15R x 1
- V-Cymbal DIGITAL Ride: CY-18DR x 1
- Kick Drum: KD-220 x 1 (included in U.S. only)
- Drum Stand: MDS-50KV x 1 (included in U.S. only)
Extra trigger input jack: 5 (TOM 2, AUX 1–AUX 4)
Drum stick holder
* Kick pedal, snare stand, hi-hat stand, and drum throne are not included.