Roland TM-6 PRO Hybrid Drum Module Overview:
The Professional Way to Trigger Sounds and Complement Your Acoustic Drums Onstage
Life as a working drummer is not without pressure. From one job to the next, you’ll be expected to move fast and find the perfect drum sound, satisfying your audience, fellow musicians, engineers and the all-important paying client. But that’s a big challenge when you’re playing a traditional kit. Acoustics can vary drastically from venue-to-venue. Mixing engineers all take a different approach. You could be presented with unknown material with moments to spare, or asked to replicate the drum sound from a studio recording. Life gets much easier when you add the Roland TM-6 PRO to your favorite acoustic drum kit. Smart, simple and discreet, this new trigger module gives you instant and reliable access to every drum sound in the book, on every stage you play.
TM-6 PRO Hybrid Drum Module—Introduction
In this video, drummer Bob Hall of Catfish and the Bottlemen uses the TM-6 PRO to trigger samples from his kick and snare drum using RT-30 acoustic drum triggers, while playing back melodic phrases and samples via BT-1 trigger pad, and expressive tom sounds via V-Pads.
Choose the Perfect Tone for Your Drumming Style from 500 Premium Sampled Sounds
Every drummer feels the pressure when the clock is ticking, the band are waiting and your kit doesn’t sound quite right. The TM-6 PRO lets you walk into any gig and find your sound fast. Designed for hybrid drumming, this trigger module is preloaded with 500 new sampled sounds, from electronic and processed tones to acoustic drum sounds and sound elements. Drummers who dart between jobs can switch between a libraries of sounds in seconds. Try electronic sounds including fat-synth kick, vintage drum machines, claps and SFX, alongside processed sounds like compressed snares and kicks that cut through onstage. Get the best of the old-school, with exceptional-quality preloaded acoustic drum sounds, recorded at world-renowned studios like Real World and Rockfield. Enhance the attack of your snare and bring low-end power to your kick using sound elements. It’s all at your fingertips.
- Pre-loaded with 500 one-shot sampled sounds, including tones recorded at world-class studios
- 268 V-Drums sounds onboard for expressive drum performance
- 80 ready-to-use drum kits featuring high-quality preloaded sounds, plus natural and expressive V-Drums sounds
- Original user samples can be imported from SD card to accurately reproduce studio tones onstage
- Six trigger inputs available for connecting up to 12* triggers or pads
- Powerful layer function to customize sounds
- Three Sound Modify knobs for intuitive control of volume, pitch, decay or other effects including MFX and Transient
- Newly developed Transient effect to effectively control attack and release of drum sounds
- Independent EQ, Transient effect, Compressor and MFX for each trigger, plus Master Comp and Master EQ for mastering sounds
- High-speed trigger response faithfully follows your drumming
- Backing track audio data can be played directly from SD memory
- Independent volume control for SONG, CLICK and Headphones
- LED indicators shows status of the triggers, even with the lights down
- Works as trigger to MIDI convertor with audio interface (8-out/8-in)