The Mobile UA is a next-generation USB audio playback interface based on Roland’s newly developed S1LKi DSP technology. This extremely compact, bus-powered USB D/A converter plays both PCM audio and ultra-high-resolution DSD audio, providing extremely high-quality sound for on-the-go music production, live performance, and listening enjoyment. With up to four channels of low-latency output, the Mobile UA can accommodate multiple listeners or independent click tracks and cue monitoring.
S1LKi DSP Audio Engine Supports Both DSD and Standard PCM PlaybackThe Mobile UA supports native playback of DSD audio sampled at 2.8 MHz, and our proprietary S1LKi audio engine also reproduces traditional 44.1 kHz and other PCM audio with extreme precision. By using the same type of 1-bit D/A converter used in DSD, the resulting conversion produces ultra-smooth, unclouded sound when compared to existing D/A conversion.
* 5.6 MHz DSD audio is down-sampled internally and played back as 2.8 MHz DSD audio.Four Outputs and Ultra-Compact Design for Mobile Production and Live Performance Ultra-compact and bus powered, the Mobile UA features quality stereo mini-jacks on both the left and right sides. Two people can monitor audio at the same time, or a single musician can use one side for the main output and the other for cue monitoring or a click track. Low-latency ASIO and Core Audio performance provides compatibility with a wide range of professional applications. * When a jack on one side is configured as an Aux output, any volume adjustments you make on the unit will not be reflected on this jack.
High-Performance Headphone Monitoring in Loud EnvironmentsFeaturing two channels of 158 mW output at 40 ohms, the Mobile UA’s high-level headphone out supports monitoring situations where isolation from ambient sounds, nearby performers, and crowd noise is essential.
Low Latency for Music Creation and Sound EditingThe Mobile UA inherits Roland’s acclaimed VS Streaming technology for low latency and stable operation, and USB audio streaming and DSP are processed on a single custom chip. This provides mobile music creators pro-level performance for playing virtual instruments and editing tracks in DAW software. What is DSD? DSD, or Direct Stream Digital, is a technology for digitizing audio using much higher frequencies than the typical PCM format. Each sample is recorded as a single bit at a sampling rate of 2.8 MHz, which is 64 times that of audio CDs (44.1 kHz). DSD formats that use 5.6 MHz, or 128 times that of CDs, are also widely used. Because DSD is capable of recording at higher levels of precision than audio CDs, it is primarily used for recording and music distribution.
- World’s smallest USB audio interface that supports both ASIO and DSD
- High-quality audio playback from Roland’s newly developed S1LKi audio engine
- Native playback of 2.8 MHz DSD audio
- Ultra-compact four-channel audio output
- High-powered 158 MW + 158 MW (at 40 ohm load) headphone amp
- Supports ASIO and Core Audio; designed for low-latency operation.