Top-shelf sound quality from discrete Class A components
The sE2200 eschews integrated circuits for carefully selected, discrete Class A components — a rarity in mics at this price point. State-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances deliver expensive-sounding results on any source. With the sE2200, you can expect stunning sound quality with consistent performance and remarkably high sensitivity. It excels in just about every application we've used it in here at Sweetwater, and we're confident that it will do the same for you.
Versatile cardioid polar pattern
Featuring a custom, handcrafted 1" gold-sputtered diaphragm, the sE Electronics sE2200 condenser microphone features a fixed cardioid polar pattern. When you close-mic with your sE2200, the cardioid pattern does a great job of capturing what's in front of it while rejecting bleed from adjacent sources and ambient sound from the rest of the room. This is especially desirable for onstage use, where sound pressure levels can be quite high.
Low noise and high headroom
When it comes to capturing dynamic content, not all studio-style condenser mics are created equal. In fact, the same mic that sounds great on your amp stack may be a bit too noisy to use on an acoustic guitar, and your favorite vocal mic may not be able to handle the SPLs typically encountered by drum overheads. Not so with the sE Electronics sE2200 condenser microphone. That's because the sE2200 is able to withstand up to 145dB (with the 20dB pad engaged), while maintaining a super-low noise floor. It's just what you need to capture highly dynamic sounds.
Extra onboard options give you even more flexibility
Talk about a studio workhorse mic! The sE Electronics sE2200 was built to handle just about any sound you can imagine. Not only is it naturally able to keep up with extremely dynamic sound sources, such as vocals and brass instruments, but it gives you both an 80/160Hz highpass filter and a 10/20dB pre-attenuation pad to further shape its response. Whether you need to cut out low-end rumble or back off the gain to capture a screaming amp stack, the sE Electronics sE2200 gives you the sonic flexibility you need.
sE Electronics sE2200 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Features:
- An amazing value in a large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Discrete Class A components ensure top-shelf sound quality on any source
- Ideal for everything from vocals to drum overheads to guitar amps
- Handcrafted 1" gold-sputtered condenser capsule provides smooth and consistent cardioid polar pattern
- 80/160Hz highpass filter and 10/20dB pad for advanced onboard sound-shaping options
- Extremely low noise and high SPL handling provides you with an extended dynamic range
- Max SPL (0.5% THD): 125/135/145dB (0/10/20dB attenuation pad)
- Shockmount included
- Requires +48V phantom power
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Diaphragm Size:1" (25.4mm)
- Frequency Range:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:125dB SPL, 145dB (with pad)
- Output Impedance:50 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:82dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise:12dB (A weighted)
- Low Cut Filter:80Hz, 160Hz (6dB/octave)
- Pads:-10dB, -20dB
- Power Source:48V phantom power
- Included Accessories:Shockmount