The sE Electronics sE7 is a high-quality small-diaphragm, back-electret condenser microphone designed for a broad range of studio and live sound applications. With its optimized acoustic design, discrete Class A circuitry, versatile attenuation and highpass switches, and a transformerless output, the sE7 delivers clear, natural sound at all frequencies on any source. The low end is punchy and the high end is sweet and silky smooth. The sE7's discrete Class A signal path doesn't employ ICs or transformers, and this is key to the mic's remarkably natural performance in capturing acoustic instruments such as guitar, piano, strings, woodwinds, and percussion.
Impressive quality and valuesE didn't just design a great-sounding mic — they included features not even found on small-diaphragm mics costing much more! A 6dB/octave 80Hz highpass filter lets you roll off unwanted mud and rumble, while the 20dB pre-attenuation pad increases the mic's impressive usefulness by letting you mic more raucous sources, like toms, snares, and electric guitar. The sE7's class-leading SPL handling capability and dynamic range ensure that you will capture every nuance of these sources without fear of overload. The high-quality build is typical sE and includes a gold-plated XLR connector for optimal signal integrity over many years of daily use in your studio. The sE7 is such an incredible value, we'd advise you to go for the stereo pair — perfect for drum overheads!
sE Electronics sE7 Small-diaphragm Condenser Microphone Stereo Pair Features:
- Innovative back-electret design delivers detailed, balanced sound and superior transient response
- High-quality condenser capsule delivers balanced, neutral sound
- Ultra-thin diaphragm for excellent transient response
- Versatile cardioid polar pattern, ideal for most studio or onstage applications
- State-of-the-art discrete Class A circuitry with class-leading low self-noise
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Signal to noise ratio: 78dB
- Transformerless design for pristine sound quality
- Switchable 20dB pre-attenuation pad provides extended dynamic range, enables close-miking of loud sources, and prevents preamp overload
- Maximum SPL (0.5% THD): 136/156dB (0/20dB pad)
- Switchable 80Hz, 6dB/octave highpass filter eliminates low-frequency rumble and compensates for proximity effect
- Powering: 48-volt phantom power
- Gold-plated XLR connector for reliable, loss-free signal connection
- All-metal housing for rejection of noise and electrical interference
- High-quality finish ensures a great look for many years
- Includes mic clip (with thread adapter) and windscreen
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Mono/Stereo:Stereo Pair
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Diaphragm Size:0.5" capsule
- Frequency Range:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:136dB SPL, 156dB (with pad)
- Output Impedance:<200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:78dB
- Self Noise:16dB (A)
- Sensitivity:19mV/Pa (-34.5dBV)
- Low Cut Filter:80Hz, 6dB/Octave
- Power Source:48V phantom power
- Dimensions:4.72" x 0.91"
- Weight:0.28 lbs.