Beautifully Designed Acoustic-Electric Cutaway from Taylor
The Taylor 214ce Plus represents all that has made Taylor a trusted and sought-after instrument: impeccable design, fine appointments, and signature Taylor tone. This Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric features a solid Sitka spruce top with layered Indian rosewood back and sides for a blending of full low end, crisp high end, and a balanced midrange. A mahogany neck with African ebony fingerboard offers incredible playability and response, and with a deep Venetian cutaway, you can easily access those higher notes up the fingerboard. To translate beautifully natural acoustic tone, the 214ce is equipped with ES2 electronics, a favorite among guitarists .
Taylor’s Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
Traditionally, acoustic-electric guitars have employed under-saddle piezo transducers, but Taylor has discovered a better way. Their revolutionary Expression System 2 uses a proprietary pickup behind the saddle. The pickup’s three individually calibrated, precisely positioned piezo-electric sensors respond organically to the instrument’s acoustic energy as it’s transferred through the saddle. In concert with Taylor’s custom-designed preamp (which delivers a 25% hotter signal), the result is a more natural acoustic sound with incredible dynamic range and responsiveness to your pick or finger attack.
Top-notch appointments and design
The 214ce Plus is outfitted with the kind of top-notch appointments and build details that have made Taylors much beloved by guitarists the world over. A Forward Shifted Pattern bracing provides stellar resonance support and ensures long life. A NuBone nut and Micarta saddle give the 214ce an extra “something” in every note and every chord. And the deep Venetian cutaway is smooth and makes accessing higher notes up the neck a breeze.
Taylor 214ce Plus Features:
- Impeccably designed acoustic-electric provides outstanding playability and tone
- Solid Sitka spruce top with layered Indian rosewood back and sides for a blending of full low end and crisp high end
- Mahogany neck with African ebony fingerboard offers incredible playability and response
- Revolutionary Expression System 2 delivers rich amplified acoustic tone
- Forward Shifted Pattern bracing for resonance support and long life
- NuBone nut and Micarta saddle provide another level of tone and resonance support
- Deep Venetian cutaway is smooth and makes accessing higher notes up the neck a breeze