Taylor 512ce 6 Strings Grand Concert Electro Acoustic Guitar With Bag- Natural Overview:
A fingerstylist’s dream, Taylor’s mahogany/cedar Grand Concert 512ce packs stunning warmth and midrange presence into a comfortable, player-friendly package. The smaller body and 24-7/8-inch-scale neck make for an intimate playing experience, and the cedar top responds with a wonderful midrange bloom, especially for players with a light touch. This year’s edition features a move to V-Class bracing tailored for the Grand Concert shape, which pushes a surprising amount of volume from this small-bodied guitar, coupled with notes that sustain gorgeously. The new bracing design proves a perfect match for a solid cedar top, opening up greater headroom while maintaining cedar’s natural touch sensitivity and warmth. An elegant cutaway opens up the fretboard, while Taylor’s ES2 pickup delivers organic amplified acoustic tone. Appointments include faux tortoise shell binding and pickguard, a rosette of faux tortoise shell framed by grained ivoroid, and a grained ivoroid Century fretboard inlay.
Discover the features that make this guitar unique
Grand Concert Shapes
A smaller-bodied guitar ideally suited for fingerstyle.
Western Red Cedar Top Woods
A true performer for those with a lighter touch, cedar tops yield extra warmth and pair nicely with mahogany and rosewood.
Tropical Mahogany Body Woods
A midrange powerhouse. Mahogany is prized for balance and articulation, making it one of the best all-around tonewoods there is.
Expression System 2 Electronics
The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Body type: Grand Concert/OO
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Western red cedar
- Back and sides: Solid neo-tropical mahogany
- Bracing pattern: V-Class Grand Concert with relief rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 24.87"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel with nickel buttons
- Bridge: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "wave" saddle/Black graphite nut
- Number of strings: 6