Taylor Academy 10 6 Strings Acoustic Guitar With Bag- Natural Overview:
Designed and built with beginner guitar players in mind, the Academy Series 10 combines the full-bodied tone and response of the classic dreadnought shape with Taylor's standards of comfort and playability. Our trademark neck, devised as a more practical take on the traditional guitar neck, makes it easier to fret strings, hold chords, and bend notes, thanks to a slimmer profile and the slightly shorter 24-7/8-inch scale length of the Academy Series. Plus, the Academy 10 ships with one of our most premium features: an armrest, which provides a more comfortable fit for players who are just learning how to manage the larger body of an acoustic guitar. With a solid spruce top and layered sapele back and sides, the dreadnought shape of the Academy 10 produces a warm sound with a strong low end and clear, ringing high tones, smoothened out by the punchy midrange of layered sapele. Between its rich sound and a comfortable shape built to invite inspiration, the Academy 10 provides a perfect solution for beginner players or those looking to buy on a budget.
Discover the features that make this guitar unique
Taylor’s Dreadnought captures the potent tone flatpickers and strummers love.
Sitka Spruce Top Woods
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Layered Sapele Body Woods
Layered wood construction is used to offer attractive, durable and affordable models.
Whether you’re an acoustic purist or simply don’t need a pickup, we’ve got you covered.
The clean, symmetrical look of a traditional acoustic guitar.
- Body type: Taylor Dreadnought 15/16th-Scale
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Layered Sapele
- Bracing pattern: Academy Series Bracing
- Body finish: Satin Varnish
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-11/16" (42.8mm)
- Fingerboard: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck wood: Hard Rock Maple
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin Varnish
- Headstock overlay: Copafera
- Tuning machines: Chrome Tuners with Chrome Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; NuBone Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Elixir Phosphor-Bronze Medium Gauge Strings
- Case: Deluxe Taylor Gig Bag