Taylor Builders Edition 324ce 6 Strings Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic Guitar With Bag Overview:
Featuring a never-before-used tonewood and a host of player-focused design enhancements, the Builder’s Edition 324ce represents Taylor’s ongoing marriage of innovative acoustic design with forward-thinking strategy toward a more sustainable future. The star here is Urban Ash™, a tonewood sourced from city trees that have been selected for removal from urban settings due to weather or disease damage, public safety concerns, disruptive root systems, and simply reaching the end of their life cycle. Instead of allowing this beautiful, functional wood to end its life cycle in a landfill, we’ve reclaimed it for use in the backs and sides of this 324ce, offering a tonal response similar to high-tier mahogany: dry and woody, with a fundamental-strong response that produces clear notes largely free from ringing overtones. Paired with a mahogany top, this Grand Auditorium produces clear midrange presence and crisp highs over a rich low end that will satisfy strummers and fingerstyle players alike. V-Class bracing offers its trademark blend of power and resonance, emphasizing this guitar’s robust midrange while producing a more in-tune, musical sound. In keeping with the Builder’s Edition philosophy, this 324ce features an array of enhancements designed to provide the ultimate playing experience, including chamfered body and fretboard edges, a beveled armrest and cutaway, and a Curve Wing bridge. Other appointments include Compass inlays in faux pearl and Italian acrylic, Gotoh 510 tuners with a super-precise 21:1 gear ratio, a Silent Satin finish with a dark edgeburst treatment for an ultra-clean, noise-free sound, and ES2 electronics. It ships in a deluxe Taylor hardshell case.
Discover the features that make this guitar unique
Grand Auditorium Shapes
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
Tropical Mahogany Top Woods
The hardwood top produces strong fundamentals with clarity and focus.
Urban Ash Body Woods
Sourced from city trees in need of removal, Urban Ash produces midrange power and balance comparable to Honduran mahogany.
Expression System 2 Electronics
The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
A smooth, double-contoured cutaway provides easy access to even the highest frets without changing hand positions.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Beveled Cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Back & sides: Urban Ash
- Bracing pattern: Taylor V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Silent Satin Finish
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 21:1 Gold Tuners
- Bridge: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Teflon-Infused Graphite Nut
- Number of strings: 6